Sunday, February 17, 2008

Big Bada Boom

I could feel a calling in my bones, a goddess was summoning me and everywhere i wandered the trees talked of a journey to parvati. Although the ' chalo parvati' was a common utterance, for a me it held great significance. finally after all the years of talking about it, i made my journey to the source. with almost no money, I embarked on a pilgrimage to pay my respect to the mountains. Conversing with eleves, faires and other magical beings, I realised how far I was from everything that defined civilization. I was free of that incessent traveller talk , free of the pretence, free from the shackles of the city and most importantly, free from me!
it was only when i ran out of money ( or rather the money ran out on me) that I knew how little I actually needed and how much life dealt me. Apples and pears for when i was hungry, clear water from the white river, and the mountain bounty for that big Boom. Even now the cry BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM echos throgh my head. Never had it sounded so holy, so powerful, so arcane, and each time we called shiva, the chant bonded us , like tribesmen of a different civilization. Last night, I dreamt of the mountains , with a blue flame summit, and instead of climbing the rugged outsides, the way to the peak was a climb from the inside.

1 comment:

fidgety feet said...

Now I have to READ ur other worldly talks as well!! LOL.